Friday, August 04, 2006

Letter #1

Dear Rayen,

My name is Tinder. You don't know me, but I have a lot on my mind. I'm told that you are the one who handles all these things. Many things I am about to tell you I am too ashamed or humiliated to discuss with anyone else on earth. I guess I should start with a formal introduction. I was born in 1963. I was not a wanted child and my mother took her anger out on me a lot. I grew to fear her. I've always known there was something different about me, but I didn't know what to call it. Later, I would find out that it's called queer. I know it's not a big deal these days, but when I was growing up, it was a heinous thing. My mother once told me that the worst thing that could happen to a parent would be to find out her child is gay. I kept my secret for a long time.

Thank you for your time. I will write again soon.

Sincerely,

Tinder


No comments: